L.A. Dance Connection is a year round school
- Our school Year is from the end of August to the end of July each year.
- Parents or adult students must register their child or themselves for enrollment for each new school year.
- A $20.00 non-refundable registration fee is required per student. In a family, $40.00 maximum for 3 or more.
- If you wish to withdraw your child or yourself from L.A. Dance Connection a written notice is giving at least two weeks notice must be turned in to the office. Verbal notifications will not be accepted as official notification. Your account will be charged of the next month tuition if not notified.
Vacation and Illness
- Parents or adult students are required to pay tuition fees for each week their child or themselves is enrolled at the school whether or not the child or themselves is in attendance.
- Please due not send your child to class if they have a temperature above the normal 98.7.
- Initial tuition fees are prorated and are due the first day of your child’s or your attendance.
- Monthly tuition payments are due on the first day of each month. A late fee of $20.00 will be charged to your balance if tuition is received after the 10th day of the month. There will be no invoices mailed or sent home about payment unless it is past due. It is your responsibility to remember when payment is due. If the school is closed please drop off payment in mail slot or have it mailed in advance to avoid a late fee. There is a $20.00 fee for all returned checks.
- Tuition is prorated on an average annual basis to ensure the continued quality operation of the school. Therefore, no tuition credit is given for any of the days when the school is closed or any days a child or adult student is absent due to vacation or illness.
- Make up classes are available for any missed classes. If classes are not made up within the 30 days the classes missed are forfeited. A schedule for make up classes is available in the office.
- The studio reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach class.
Annual Studio Show
- The annual “In The Spotlight” show is held at the La Mirada Theatre of Performing Arts, on July 20, 2014. All students will participate in both shows on that date. There will be a mandatory theatre rehearsal on Monday July 14, 2014 and studio rehearsal on Saturday July 19, 2014. There is a show fee per student of $20.00. This fee will be added into the remainder costume balance fee in February.
- There is a costume deposit of $40.00 per costume due November 2013. Costumes are picked out by the faculty of LADC over the December holiday and shown upon return in January. Balances for the annual show costume and show fee will be due in February 2014.
Students Participate At Their Own Risk
- If a student is injured it is up to the student and the parent to notify the school of the injury. We encourage students to participate in watching class until healed.
Attendance And Tardiness
- The studio reserves the right to have students who come in late, sit out and watch. It is up to the teacher of the class if the student can participate if late arriving. Stretching is done right at the beginning of class and if the dancer is not properly stretched, they can severely hurt themselves. We at LADC are invested in your child and we take injuring your child very seriously.
- Attendance in class is very important to us to continue the growth and education of your child. Awards for Excellent and Perfect Attendance are recognized at the Annual Show.
- We hand out notices periodically on up coming events at the school please check your child’s dance bag to see if any notice was sent home.
- We at LADC do a studio phone call out to all members of L.A. Dance Connection. Please have all phone numbers updated with the school.
Care Of Students
- The school is not responsible for providing care before or after any class. Students are not to be left at the school for excessive time before or after class. If a parent is running late please call the school so we can notify your child where to wait for you to pick them up.
- If you are the last class of the evening please be no later then 15 minutes to pick up your child as a courtesy to the staff members that are off work waiting for you.